If there is a conflict By-Laws take precedence over these Rules and Regulations
- Membership is open to the public
- All flying members must be a current member of the AMA thru the entire year of LEAF membership.
- Full membership is limited to adults 18 years or older.
- Youth membership is for those under the age of 18.
- Supervision is required at the field for youth under the age of 16.
- Adults 18 and older pay $50 yearly.
- Youth, ages 10 through 17 pay $20.
- Youth under the age of 10 do not pay dues.
- One time runway fee of $50 is assessed for new members but is a one time fee per household.
- If a membership lapses but renews within 3 years, this fee is waived.
- Voting privileges are limited to full members only.
- Voting will be done during regular monthly meeting or special meetings called by the president or two officers.
- Voting may be by voice, show of hands or paper ballot at the discretion of the officer presiding the meeting.
- Junior members in good standing older than 15 are eligible to vote on Ad Hoc topics.
- More detailed items can be viewed in the new by-laws recently passed.
Meetings & Elections
Meetings shall be held once a month on a day and time to be determined by the membership, currently the third Monday of the month. Supplemental meetings may be called by at least 2 officers. Notices for these meetings must be in writing and e-mailed to the members at least 10 days prior to such special meeting.
Election for officers shall commence at the October meeting. Nominees will be added to an electronic ballot and made available to all members prior to the November meeting via the internet. Each full member can cast one vote for each elected position for that year. Results will be announced at the November meeting. Refer to the current bylaws for more detail information.
Officers of the club shall consist of (at the minimum) a President, Secretary/ treasurer and a safety officer. (AMA minimums)
- More officers may be created as needed and nominated and elected at any general meeting.
- All officers duties shall include the AMA officer guidelines and club requirements of these offices.
Outdoor (Field) Flying Rules
- All flying shall be in accordance with AMA safety rules, as shown on the back of your AMA membership application.All AMA safety rules are in effect at the flying site at all times.
- It is recommended that all pilots have an observer/caller to keep track of any other aircraft flying or landing/taking off.
- Any non-member pilot will be allowed to fly there for a period not to exceed one month provided that they have a valid current AMA membership.
- Unsafe flying will not be tolerated. Safety is FIRST.
- All flying shall be on the side of the field opposite the pit/spectator area and the pilot stations. No flying over people is allowed. NO flying over the lake.
- No smoking allowed in the pit area or pilots boxes
- Valid LEAF Member Badges must be worn.
- Obey field closure notifications! NO MUD on the runway.
- No firearms.
- No Alcohol.
Indoor (Gym) Flying Rules
Do not fly over people or bleachers.Announce your intentions when taking off…landing…on the “court”…Etc.There will be a time allocated for “LIGHT and SLOW’ types to fly. I.E. Vapors,Embers, Uberlites, Etc. During “LIGHT and SLOW” flying the circuit will be CCW only.There will be a time allocated for “FAST and 3D” types to fly. Aircraft type is anything faster than an Ember Type of aircraft, this includes all ParkZone/Eflite warbirds and all foamies. During “FAST and 3D” any direction is OK but with an emphasis on collision avoidance.The intervals will be 15 minutes for each type of flying. Heli flying will be at either end of the gym. If heli’s stay behind the basketball backboards there is no time limit, otherwise they fly with the “LIGHT and SLOW.NOTE: Rotocopters are special types. Please see the coordinator of the event before flying. The event coordinator or safety officer has final say over event criteria.Children are not permitted beyond the spectator area unless under the direct supervision of an adult or under flight instruction..: Indoor Size and Weight Requirements
- Max Weight…..20oz.
- Max Wingspan….38″
- Max Speed……….20mph
- Electric Power only
- Max Weight….10.0oz
- Max Rotor/Blade Dia….. Heli’s..12.5″ Rotocopters.. 6.5″
- Max Speed………..20mph
- Electric Power Only